Saturday, May 30, 2015

Lesson 10 challenge

write a paragraph about one local and one state or federal government website you explored. How do you think mobile technology will change people’s relationship to government access and services? Will having government services and elected officials “on the go” make us more (or less) democratic as a society?

I explored one local government website,
http://gov.bexar.org/cc/records.html
I explored the Bexar County Clerk website and found that most of the website requires you to create a log-in and password. I was not interested in doing that,so I just looked at the stuff you could look at without the log-in. I did look at the misdemeanor records and discovered that several people were listed as living at Haven for Hope Way. If you committed a misdemeanor,would your employer use that against you? Do you have any recourse? 

I explored one federal website: 

 I like so many features on  this site. I will refer many JSBC patrons to the American Job Center. 
www.usa.gov .I find help during job transitions and many other useful links such as Career One Stop Worker Re-employment. Everything looks very useful. I like the fact that you don't have to dig for the information and that it is all here at your fingertips. 
I also dabbled in the state department website and have all the information ready for becoming a Foreign Service officer . Ha!

I think that mobile technology will change people's expectations. They will expect more of their elected officials and they will expect more openness and accountability because now so many stats and facts can be tracked. I definitely think that having government services and elected officials "on the go" will make us more democratic because everything will be out in the open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment